BAY HANG GLIDING CLUB MEETING MINUTES: Wed 5/7/00
Venue:Bangalow Bowling Club
Present: Josh Green, Mark Woods, Maggie, Neil Meersham, Brett Cook, Andrew Polidano, Brian Braby, Brian Rushton, Peter Aitkin, Joe Scott, Ashley, Lindsay, Mark Jeffery, Tosh, Peter Wagnes, Gary, Ed Gray Apologies: Greg Newman, John Luck
Meeting Started: 745pm Minutes Passed
1) Brian Rushton is forwarding a formal letter to the Senior Regional Ranger of National Parks and Wild life. This letter outlines the low key, recreational usage of established inland launch sites now zoned in National Parks and wildlife local region such as the Tweed Valley. This letter is a formal request for site maintanence on already established inland sites and also outlines the insurance policy that each pilots has from The Hang gliding Federation of Australia.
2) Andrew Polidano is organising a letter to the local Rescue Squad outlining the location and access to all local sites for future reference
3) A parachute repack night is to be organised for Tuesday 11/7 at 7pm, Tyagaarah strip.
New Business Arising
1) A suggestion to lease the launch at Bungabee was put to the club.
2) A working Bee has been organised for the construction of ramp at Tallows. Brian Rushton and Andrew Polidano will organise a meeting with the trust for the proposed construction.
3) Suggestion to clean up local launch sites and landing paddocks prior to the Instructors Conference. Lennox Head Launch will be mowed at a cost to club of $100. Monites and landing paddock will need to be slashed.
4) Joe Scott is encouraging local pilots to represent the club at the Eungella Hang gliding Competition to be held on the 25 - 30 september.
The details of a local aerotow accident were discussed Flight of the Month
Meeting closed 9:10pm ****************************************